that's good pizza

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Another Trip to the Bookstore

It was a trip to Mark Jokinen Books in Peterborough. (Here's the best link I could find...he's in the sidebar.) Mark has a small store in Peterborough on Water Street and he had lots of Science Fiction books. Here's what I got.
Diaspora, by Greg Egan. This guy is a science fiction writer and a computer programmer; I can't wait to read this.
Count Zero, by William Gibson. I liked Neuromancer a lot, so I thought I'd give cyberpunk another shot. Gibson has lived in Canada since the sixties (draft dodger) and also used to have a weblog.
The Hammer of God, by Arthur C. Clarke. I suspect that this book was the inspiration for Armageddon and Deep Impact, but I don't know for sure.
Lastly...Timeline, by Michael Crichton. This is most definitely a movie that is shortly coming to video. I'm not the biggest Crichton fan in the world, but it will be an interesting read.

No comments: