that's good pizza

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Bypass Compulsory Web Registration

I don't like websites that force me to register for free. The information that I fork over in my registration is obviously being used for something, and I would be happier if that personal information remained personal. My solution until a few weeks ago had been to create dummy accounts at each of these sites. However, I found a much easier way to get around this problem. Much easier than remembering all of the different account names and passwords. The service is called Bug-Me-Not and it acts as an online storage place for dummy accounts. The best part is that you don't have to do the legwork. Simply enter the url of the site you want to visit and chances are really good that someone has already stored a dummy account at Bug-Me-Not for that site. Want to get on the NY Times site? Your account is "cypherp" and your password is "cypherp". Voila. Here's the link.

No comments: